LifeServe Blood Center » Sponsor a Blood Drive
Sponsor a Church Blood Drive
Get the Word Out!
Spreading the word about your blood drive is a critical element to the success of the event. Be creative and have fun when promoting the blood drive.
Consider the following:
- Talk it up! Personally ask people to give blood.
- Use tools, such as email templates and church bulletin cards provided by LifeServe Blood Center to promote the blood drive to the church congregation.
- Advertise the date and times of the blood drive in the church newsletter and on the church website.
- Have a representative of the blood drive team available during Sunday School and after church services to answer questions about blood donation and to promote the blood drive.
Tips for Recruiting Blood Donors
- Be positive, enthusiastic and educated about the blood donation process and simply ask someone to become a blood donor. A personal, face-to-face invitation makes all the difference!
- Find out if any church members have used blood and ask them to share their story. Being asked to donate blood by someone who has used blood is very powerful!
- Talk to regular blood donors and ask them to share their past donation experience(s). These stories can often make first time donors feel more comfortable with the idea of donating blood.
- Do something special to reward students for signing up ahead of time. You can offer candy or other special treats, or see if local businesses would be willing to donate discount coupons.